Connection issues between iPad and cash drawer
If the connection between your iPad and your cash drawer repeatedly gets interrupted, first check whether the POS app has access to your Bluetooth. To do this, open the app settings and search for the POS app. In the Allow POS to access section, activate the Bluetooth option if it is deactivated. If the problem persists, the error could be in the configuration of the cash drawer. To check this possibility, download the app mPOP Utility from the App Store on the iPad.
Then select your cash drawer and click on Setting:
Check here whether the option Auto Connection is switched on and, if not, activate it. This should solve the problem.
Cash drawer does not open
If the cash drawer can no longer be opened via the app, please proceed as follows:
- Check in the Bluetooth settings of the iPad whether the cash drawer is still connected to the iPad.
- The next step is to install the mPOP Utility app. Here you can test the receipt printer and open the cash drawer. To do this, select the Installation tab in the menu bar at the bottom left. Under Standard Model you will find the options Printer Test and Cash Drawer Test. Here you can check whether your receipt printer and cash drawer are connected. This is necessary so that the cash drawer can be opened from the POS app.
- Using the mPop Utility app, you can activate the multi-function button on the cash drawer and use it to open it manually.
- To do this, select your cash drawer in the app under Selected Device. The cash drawer and iPad need to be connected via Bluetooth.
- Select the Setting field in the menu bar at the bottom and open the Memory Switch Settings.
- Activate the Cash Drawer Open Switch by setting it to enable and then confirming with apply. Now you can open the cash drawer manually if there is no Bluetooth connection between the devices.